Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tim "the tool man" Taylor

Welcome to my blog.

As a wise man or woman in cyber-space once said- "never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few."

I'm going to write about things I love, but also hate, or things I hate but also kind of love. 

As a short intro post:

I have recently discovered that Home Improvement airs on CMT every night at 10pm and then, if you're still itching for some tool man lovin', again at 10 30pm. 

Remember when Jill went back to school and every episode centred around her psycho-analyzing the other character(s) in the scene?  Man, I hated that.  She just accused Tim of being "emotionally off-centre" on a television show.  So really, this episode is doubly annoying, because she's psycho-analyzing in the show AND psycho-analyzing in the show IN THE SHOW. 

But what do I love about this show, or this episode specifically?  Well, Mark's started in on his goth phase, which we all remember as a highlight of the show.  The in-between-scene animation is always stellar, and- although the episode is not yet over- I just know Wilson's going to give some great advice that Tim is going to repeat (poorly), butcher (amusingly), and ultimately, use to bring the family closer together (poignantly.)

Ah, I love it.  (but also kind of hate it.)

1 comment:

  1. This is the best abridged analysis of Home Improvement i've ever read! please continue to analyse more episodes as you see fit. or fresh prince episodes. or friends.

    ReplyDelete